1 Day Course @ £99 Per PersonBook Now
To confidently and effectively communicate using the telephone, to become a well organized competent professional using the telephone.
To understand the difference between face to face and voice communication. Understand the need for clear and concise understanding between all parties. Understand what constitutes excellent Customer Care. Agree on the importance of professional telephone techniques. Provide effective questioning and listening techniques. Recognize why it is important to own the call. Deal with difficult/angry callers. Develop a personal action plan.
Group discussion is an integral part of this course with role-plays used to learn how to put your newly learned skills into practice.
Effective Communication Skills
- Why Communicate?
- Types of Communication
- Problems of Communication
Voice & Tone Control
- Body & Verbal Body Language
- Your Voice
- Using the Right Tone
- Tone on the Phone
Questioning & Listening Techniques
- Asking Questions
- Types of Questions
- Using the Right Words
- 6 Rules for Listening
- Why Do we need to Listen?
- Why Don't we Listen Well?
- Developing / Improving your Listening Skills
- Listening Techniques
- The Telephone
- First Impressions
- Answering the Incoming Call
- Answering the Phone-Direct from the Switchboard
- Answering the Phone-Dial Pick-Up
- Taking Notes / Information
- Message Taking
- The Equipment Required
- Common Frustrations when using the Telephone
- Using Voice Mail / Mobile Phones
- Putting Callers on Hold
- Whilst a Caller is on Hold
- Transferring the Call
- Taking a Transferred Call
- When a Caller is Transferred to the wrong Department
- Call Waiting
- Distractions / Attitude Problem
Terminating Prolonged Conversations
- What to Do?
- Building Relationships with Customers
- How to Develop Expressiveness / Assertiveness
- Results of Behaviour Types
- Why do Customer / Callers Get Angry?
- Handling the Angry / Complaining Callers/Customer
- Do's and Don'ts
- Handle it in this Way Attitude
- Follow Through
- Planning the Outgoing Call
- Pre-Planning the Call
- Potential Pitfalls of Using the Telephone
- Telephone Guidelines