Managing IT Costs Workshop
1 Day Course @ £99 Per PersonBook Now
Keep IT expenses down and productivity up!
Like most IT directors and managers today, you have to demonstrate a clear return on IT investments, as well as manage the day-to-day costs of your department. After this course you will confidently navigate the financial work of budgets, cost accounting, ROI and NPV, as well as employ a tool kit of IT cost management techniques.
Who should attend
IT directors and managers with up to eight years of experience, including those who manage network/systems, help-desks, projects or databases…as well as finance personnel (e.g., controllers) who oversee and/or manage the IT budget.
How You Will Benefit
- Effectively develop, maintain and manage the IT budget
- Understand and learn how to apply the fundamentals of finance
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Avoid needless spending: prioritise and allocate IT resources based on financial analysis
- Communicate effectively with finance staff
- Understand the impact that buying or selling IT equipment or services will have on your financial objectives
What You Will Cover
- Core concepts of finance: a financial perspective for the IT professional
- Understanding “total cost of ownership” or life cycle costs
- Developing, selling and monitoring the IT budget
- Diagnostic-based approaches using IT metrics and organisational benchmarks
- Tactical ways to reduce IT costs
- Effective procurement methods for IT services
- Outsourcing costs vs. risk vs. pursuit of core competencies